Friday 1 December 2017

Changed





The worst part of your 20s is realizing that the people you thought you had a lifelong bond with aren’t all going to stick around. Some of them will fade out of your life slowly, the hangout sessions and texts gradually lessening over time. And some of them will be gone in a heartbeat after a brutal fight, after you exchange hurtful words that you never realized you meant.

After months of healing, I am proud to say that I have fully recovered from the excruciating pain which I have once endured. I have come to the point of realisation that just because you love someone, that doesn’t mean you are meant to stay in each other’s lives. However, they might not be the one to walk away. You might be the one to end things after they show you a side that you never wanted to see, a side that you never knew existed. Anyone can let you down. Despite all the good things they have done for you, anyone can hurt you. I have tried to forgive and forget, but how am I supposed to forgive a terrible mistake and let this monstrosity continue to grow deep inside of you. The damage is done and all I could think of is how much I hate you. 

So, what is forever? With all the people whom you once called best friends slowly distant away from you, promises you once exchanged with them fading into thin air, why bother to meet new people? People whom you trusted turning against you, can I ever trust someone again? Nothing is eternal. Things changed, people changed. Some relationships can never be fixed. 

I am okay without you. I am mature enough to hope that you are doing okay, too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment